Trust

Saturday, March 31, 2012
By johnny

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
A refuge in times of trouble.
And those who now Your name will put their TRUST in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
- Psalm 9:9~10 -

It seems like there are two aspects of "TRUST".

1) Trust means "to place confidence in, have faith in, and rely upon someone/something." When I sing songs about trusting in God, this is the type of trust I have in mind. I put my confidence in God, I have faith in Him, and I rely upon the Holy Spirit in whatever I do.

2) Trust also means "to commit in one's care and to permit someone to do something without fear." It's easy to place confidence in someone or something. But to commit is another story. Commitment is another level up. It is trust on steroids.

How do you trust in God?
It is easy to trust in God when you see a miracle.
But it takes commitment to trust in God even when you can't see what's ahead.

Real trust requires commitment.
God, let me run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.
You have my permission to dwell within, so come and dwell.
I trust in You.



johnny

0 comments:

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.