Obedience

Tuesday, October 8, 2013
By johnny
There are only 2 types of obedience: out of LOVE or out of FEAR.
Same actions, but bear different fruits.


God didn't say "it will make sense." He said "it will be worth it." I find myself going back and forth with Him because His ways just don't make SENSE, or sometimes I simply can't SENSE His presence. It's then that I realize when I ask for the presence of SENSE, my FAITH disappears, thus, the only requirement of God's work in display was robbed in exchange for "making-sense."


I find this a great exercise to examine our relationship with Jesus. In John 14:15, He makes it clear to His beloved disciples that if they LOVE Him, they will obey His commands. Do we follow His ways because we know this brings Him tremendous joy or because we believe punishments are waiting as we cross the threshold of failure?


Jeremiah 29:11
I'm still figuring this whole thing out... and I don't think I'll ever get it figured out.
But I'll keep on loving.


SCC's song "Whatever". This came to my head as I was typing away...



johnny

0 comments:

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.