Midterms... Did I Mention Healing?

Friday, October 16, 2009
By johnny
The highlight of my day was not that I only slept for two hours; it was not that I fell asleep during the first midterm exam; it was not that I was nauseated when I studied for economics; and it definitely was NOT my second midterm on which I studied with no rest yet failed quite miserably.

It was Jesus.

Well, after this long and energy-draining, brain cell-killing day, Peter and I went to IHOP-SD as in IHOPancake in San Diego to re-boost our half-dead souls with some real stuff -- aka we were really tired to cook.

(Skipping all the Hot Cocoas, Big Steak Omelet, Sirloin Tips, Hash Browns, Over-Medium eggs, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes with whip cream....)

As I was passing by the front to use the restroom, there sat a homeless man, later known as Eric, sitting inside by the door, rubbing his right knee with his hands. I approached and found out that Eric was hit by a car and injured his right knee. I offered a prayer. After the first prayer, he told me from a scale of 1 (pain) to 10 (healed), he went from FIVE to around EIGHT! I told him that Jesus is here right now, and let's ask Him for a complete healing. So I thanked Jesus for what He's already done and asked Him to take all the pain away and heal Eric's right knee. I asked Eric whether he feels warmth in his knee, he said, "No... I don't feel any heat, but I don't feel any pain now!" I shook his hand and told him how much Jesus loves him and has a better plan for his life than his own plan. I went to the restroom rejoicing over what the Lord had done even though I knew there are many unseen wounds and untold stories within Eric that need to be dealt with. I pray that Eric would know God's heart for him and be known by God and God alone. He is not homeless; he has a home in Heaven. He is not abandoned; he has a Father in Heaven.

Yay Jesus!

Johnny

ps. I believe this song speaks out my heart for Holy Spirit to have His way in me. We will sing this on Sunday for sure.

4 comments:

October 16, 2009 1:32 PM Cheezy

WHOA! AMEN! GO JESUS! HAHAHAHA! That is a beautiful thing you guys just did! You and God together! Keep it up! I pray for your academics. Amen.

October 17, 2009 3:55 AM [joy B.] doveseye

good job :)

October 17, 2009 7:20 PM Sarah Wang

C'MON JESUS~~~!!!!! SO ENCOURAGING!!

-sala<3

October 20, 2009 6:15 PM Praisesound

cool...not the part you failed midterm but the healing...


Jesus is way cool

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.