Lowest Place

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
By johnny


God has so many promises, and I definitely need to remind myself of them many times because God doesn't say "O wait and see that the Lord is good" but rather "O TASTE and see that the Lord is good"! I want to taste God's goodness, and I've been tasting it every day!


This month of preparation before the trip to West Africa is going to be quite exciting because on one hand I need to trust in the Lord for His provision but also do my best to come up with my share of financial support. O God I trust in You! I certainly hope some doors would be opened up (or rather I'll have to knock on 'em first) for me to teach some piano! I need to kick my own butt to start writing a theme song for West Africa with Annie and Luke...


He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
-Psalm 18:19-


You give me your shield of victory, 

       and your right hand sustains me; 
       you stoop down to make me great.
-Psalm 18:35-



Somehow I still can't get over with how God rescued me because He simply delights in me and how He stoop down just to make me great. This is mind-blowing. I don't need to know the reasons, maybe He'll tell me when I see Him, but if someone told me He's going to give me the shield of Victory and sustain me for the rest of my life, heck I'd take the deal in a blink of an eye.


Like what Steve Chua shared @ Regeneration on Ezekiel's River and the song "I've Got a River of Life" which we sang on Sunday, I'm not satisfied with ankle deep, knee deep, nor waist deep water, but getting lost in the river and let go. When Steve was sharing, I thought about my snorkeling time in Hawaii a couple months ago and how it was simply impossible to take control of where I was floating because my feet could not touch the ground. Many times I would try very hard to try to grab onto a rock to temporarily stabilize myself, but when the wave came, I could not hold on anymore.


So come and rush over me and let the river flow in the lowest place, I gotta get lower and lower!


johnny

fun fact: the Dead Sea, the place where the River of Life heads to as described in Ezekiel 47, is the lowest place on the planet! how cool!


0 comments:

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.