Time Out + Purification

Monday, February 8, 2010
By johnny

The timing of things just could not be any better.

It was two weeks ago that I felt in my spirit that I needed a break from doing things, especially from being on the stage playing keys and sing. From what I can remember, I've been on the stage week after week since summer. I remember taking a week off back in mid October, but that was pretty much the only "break" I had during the past six months. And because of what Impact is going through right now, now I have a chance to step down and rest. Jack told me after I shared my heart with him that resting is probably more important than working.

I was made to worship Him, and being in the position where I had the privilege to bring God's people before His throne in worship and praise has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I love the moment when I knew that we were tapping into a new realm of encounter, or when the band was not clicking or I played a wrong note, or when I tear up because of the thickness of God's presence. After all, worship is not about me, it's all about Jesus.

A week ago, I was chatting with a friend online and we were talking about God's fire. Then I started to type out this revelation that God was giving to me:

What is fire?
We're called to be pure and holy.
The process of purification takes time because in order to purify the gold, it must go through fire over and over until there is no more impurity or other substances within the gold.
And that is what God's fire does to our hearts. It first melts our heart and consumes us from the inside out. Many times the first can hurt and rather than enduring, we run away from the refining, flaming fire and try our own ways to purify ourselves with striving.
Gold cannot be pure unless it has been through testing and the fire.
Testings and trials are like magnets--to test whether the gold is pure; if it is pure, then it would not be attracted to the magnet. These trials always cause us to see our weakness.
After a season of growth comes pruning, and after a season of work comes a season of rest and refreshment. The stronger the fire, the purer the gold.

This past Saturday during our cell group dinner, I was reading my friend's facebook note describing an encounter she had with Jesus. I couldn't finish the note because even though I was so gripped by Jesus at that moment and my entire being was having a breakdown because of her words and God's love, but I was having dinner and didn't want to make a scene. I will share more about what I received after reading that note on another post because as of now, I still cannot use my words to describe this intense feeling when I read the note over and over.

Just couple hours ago, Brian Orme and Tom Wong prayed for me. I didn't want to tell them what to pray for because I really want to see whether it's the Lord's plan for me to rest. And so it was: Brian saw me walking down this hallway of revelations, and at the end of this hallway is this opened door, and behind that door is a new level of revelation and encounters that I have never imagined. Tom prayed that God would take me to the holy of holies as I seek His face, and God would lead me into a deeper encounter.

So I was like... thank You Jesus. I'm ready for a season of face-to-face encounter!

9For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
-1 Corinthians 3:9~15-

During this season of rest, I want to rest at His feet, be lost in His love, and be consumed by His fire. Not striving anymore. Just me and Jesus.

Johnny

1 comments:

February 09, 2010 1:24 AM Cheezy

Yes. Resting with Jesus sounds good.

I did not just read the last sentence of the blog and comment...

I repent for lying.

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.