Father's Day - 8/8

Monday, August 16, 2010
By johnny
Father's Day falls on the eighth day of the eighth month for Chinese people because the word "eight" sound very much like "Dad" in Chinese (and in many other languages). A week ago after the Sunday service, the worship band gathered with Jack and had a short meeting mainly because for the past month or two the worship on Sundays were not "there". We all knew in our spirits that something's missing. But honestly, I didn't know what exactly was missing... maybe I'm not sensitive enough to the Holy Spirit? Maybe the band didn't click, or because of the lack of practice? Jack mentioned to the worship leaders that song picking is very important because all songs would have a better and powerful flow if they are surrounded by a common theme that connect each other and sometimes in response.
So the songs were about God as a Father and the Love of the Father that heals, delivers, and set people free as they realize that they do not have to do a thing to receive the Father's love because they inherit whatever Jesus had when they accepted Him in the first place.

As I was going through the songs, many more songs caught my attention, so this was the final list:

I Know Who I Am
All For Love
In Your Presence
Child of God
Bring Restoration

During our band practice in the morning, we spent the last 20 minutes just blessing God and give Him all the honor, glory, and praise with our playing and our voices. It was one of the most powerful moments for sure. I did not know what was coming. As we started to sing I Know Who I Am, somehow I felt like God is going to restore identity in people's hearts once again as they sing this song over themselves. As we started singing All For Love, definitely an Impact all-time favorite song with beautifully written lyrics on the love of Father and the Cross, the love of God started to be poured out all over the room, and His presence was so tangable, so thick. And it kept on increasing as we sing "In Your presence, all fear is gone" and the simple, prayerful chorus:

Father You're all I need, my soul's sufficiency
You're my strength when I am weak
The love that carries me
Your arms enfold me, till I am only
A child of God

Once again the song focuses on the identity of God as a Father and us as children, and our need for Him to come be our strength and carry us through the storms in His embrace. As I was considering whether we should close with this song or sing Bring Restoration, somehow my spirit started to declare freedom in this place as we sang a little new song to God, and He used Bring Restoration to break chains and loose bondages. It was beautiful. He is beautiful.
Your son, johnny

0 comments:

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.