Togo, West Africa

Monday, August 16, 2010
By johnny

It's 5:05am and I'm pretty much packed and ready to go on this once-in-a-lifetime journey to the far, far away land of West Africa. I still have that question ringing in my ear: Why am I going to Togo? I think one of the answers is that ever since my Cambodia trip last summer, I've made a decision to go on a oversea mission trip at least once a year. And the other reason could be that I want to have that heart for the nations. I will never, ever forget that afternoon prayer meeting with the local missionaries in Cambodia where I could not stop bawling and pounding the floor with a heart aching for the land. I can still remember that intensity and the burning within as I type.

I remember back in February I really came to God and ask Him to purify my heart and my whole being, knowing that trials were sure to come. Now, six months later, my heart has certainly felt lighter, and since my stepping back into the worship leading rotation, I've felt another level of freedom in worship which I've never encountered before during corporate worship times. There's so much to learn, so much challenges to face. Like Jack's been saying, leaders should always take initiatives and CAST VISIONS. CAST VISIONS. CAST VISIONS. CAST VISIONS.

My heart is very excited for the next two weeks and how my life will be once again never the same! O Jesus come, I want You. Holy Spirit, thanks for living in me, though sometimes could be a rough place to live in, but whenever that happens, Your joy always kicks in and make all things new.

Je suis prêt! On y va!
I'm ready! Here we go!

johnny

0 comments:

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.