Longest Weekend of My Life

Sunday, April 26, 2009
By johnny

Tired. Know that God is good all the time.

First Chapter of JOB-

At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head.
Then he fell to the ground in worship and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised.

In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.


Last Chapter of JOB-

The LORD blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first.
He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels,
a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys.
And he also had seven sons and three daughters...
After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years;
he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation.
And so he died, old and full of years.

Many bible heroes have encountered tremendous loss, yet they came out of the season victorious. I never have expected that Austen would impact my world in such a manner. But I believe we shall receive more blessings from the Lord in the coming months/years!

What a test from the Lord this is - to cling unto His faithfulness and to CHOOSE to praise Him and bless His name in the midst of craziness because His ways are higher than our ways and His plans are better than our plans.

I just read the post I wrote on January 22nd, the day before Austen's diagnosis came out. And this really spoke to me now: "I believe we ought to start shouting for joy and thanking Him in advance for what He is about to do! Through doing this we are creating an atmosphere that ushers in the breakthrough." I felt like Jesus is telling me that we have already thank Him for what happened this weekend. A season of mourning and restoration is coming up, yet we shall come out of it victoriously and have a breakthrough from it.

A.J. I love you and have fun chillin on the streets of gold!

Johnny

1 comments:

May 02, 2009 3:49 PM Praisesound

amen to all that. You are seriously the coolest brother anyone can ever ask for. Thank you so so much for your support, prayer and tons of love during my pregnancy.

Austen certainly had much fun with you while he was in the tummy.

rock on, brother!

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.