Pressed Down, Shaken Together, Running Over

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
By johnny
This past Friday, I put in my tithe, it was not a big amount but I was already over my budget. So I said to the Lord, "Lord, I happily give and I believe that You would provide me!"

So the next day - my 21st birthday - my grandma gave me a cash gift (don't you just love those?) which is TEN TIMES the amount of what I put into that box! Praise Jesus!

And yesterday, right before I left for San Diego, my dad also gave me some living expenses which is ALSO TEN TIMES the amount of what I tithed!

And it wasn't until I was driving down to SD that I remembered God's promise on being abundant financially and lacking nothing! And I was just praising the Lord and thanking Him for who He is and His more-than-enough provision and His never-ending faithfulness! In just three days, I received TWENTY TIMES MORE than what I gave out!

I spent a good time with Biblical Keys to Financial Prosperity (one of SOD's required books) and I am loving every promise of the Lord because those are for me!

And just now I received an email from my school telling me that a refund of my financial aid has been issued to my bank account. I always get my financial aid refund at the beginning of the quarters, but somehow my school decided to give me a little extra! And the amount is EXACTLY the amount I gave on Friday!

So, I better start taking this prosperity thing seriously, cause God has shown me that He is darn serious about making us prosper through providing me TWENTY-ONE (I like this number since I'm 21 now!) times back in a matter of FOUR DAYS! Now I shall tithe again this week and believe that God will multiply what I sow, and I will receive prosperity through Honoring the Lord with my finance! And as I was thinking about it, the Holy Spirit told me to, from now on, not only tithe but also save another 10% for my mission trip to Cambodia this summer!

Alright, I'm gonna do this! God is good =D

Here are two of the many promises in financial abundance from the Lord:

Give, and it will be given to you.
A good measure,
pressed down, shaken together and running over,
will be poured into your lap.
For with the measure you use,
it will be measured to you.
-Luke 6:38-

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse,
that there may be food in my house.
Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty,
"and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven
and pour out so much blessing
that you will not have room enough for it.
-Malachi 3:10-

Favor of God + Favor of Men = Unstoppable

Johnny

3 comments:

April 15, 2009 10:19 PM Stephineeee

sweet!!!!

April 23, 2009 11:00 AM Cheezy

Yo...dude...Like seriously...That is pretty AWESOME! I was just reading Malachi yesterday but when I read it, I felt such a fear of the Lord I couldn't keep reading. There was such conviction when I read it because the title of the section was 'Robbing God'. Not only are stopping God from blessing our lives, we're also robbing Him of what is His. Pretty scary stuff but He honors those who honors Him. Keep up you!

April 27, 2009 6:14 AM Praisesound

great sharing. may God continue to show us His faithfulness and let's all get a piece of His awesome character sealed in our lives.

love ya, bro. this post encourages me to keep on giving :-)

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.