Psalm 91:5-6

Thursday, April 9, 2009
By johnny

You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

These two verses suggest that we would face terror, arrows, pestilence, and destruction, yet we shall not be afraid of what ever comes at us by night or by day. Remember the two verses before talked about hiding under His wings and being covered by His feathers. Because we can rest assure in His protection, we shall not be afraid of what the world might throw at us. We are masterchiefs from HALO inside of an ever-lasting bubble shield, and that shield is made out of feathers.

Sometimes we fear that we might have fears, and when there is a fear, there is insecurity, there is doubt. I think about my school work and sometimes I would fear that I would not get good grades or do well on tests. There's this one time when my mind was so confused with all the equations and definitions that I literally wanted to rip my head apart or maybe I was on the brink of having a breakdown. It is never fun to have fear from the enemy that suppresses you into looking down on yourself. David did not have fear when he comes before Goliath, because he fears God more than he fears Goliath. He can still stand firm on the ground before Goliath, but NO ONE can stand in the presence of God. If we fear God, whom else shall we fear?

But select capable men from all the people—men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain—and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.
-Exodus 18:21-

This is my blood
Poured out for you
This is my body
Broken for you

Take of this cup
And never thirst again
And drink in remembrance of me
Take of my body
And never hunger more
Eat in remembrance of me

My love it satisfies
My blood it gives you life
My mercy far outweighs your need
My justice never fails
My faithfulness prevails
My strength is poured out for the weak

There is a river, a river
A river that never runs
Never runs dry

My cup running over
My fountain of life
Never runs dry
My cup running over
The wellspring of life
It satisfies

Wellspring
by Audra Lynn

I believe as we start to have that God-fear running through our veins, we would become the most dangerous people in the entire world. As we start taking sips from that wellspring of life that never runs dry, we cultivate a trust and we should share that well with the world instead of keeping this treasure of yours as a secret to all and have the well all to yourself.

God I thank You for this revelation. I know that I would tremble before You for who You are. I would tremble in reverence because You are great, mighty, and powerful. Today I come before you with my head bowed low and knees on the ground, asking for Your mighty wings to cover and protect me from all attacks that come in the day or night. I trust in You because You are a well that never runs dry, and I know I'll never be thirsty again, ever.
Amen.

Johnny

1 comments:

April 13, 2009 7:10 PM jasypants

Thank you so much for your response, Johnny. It really helped sort out the thoughts that I had from my conversation with him. I gave Chris my own card because I left Impact's card at home; the one day I didn't bring it too. x___x As I was reading your responses to those questions, I was also talking to a really good friend of mine from school and we were literally saying like "yes, this is really all true." and i was thinking "yeah i said this.. and that" but there were some things i didn't get to say and i really pray that God gives me and Hannah a chance this week to talk to Chris about it and hopefully let us meet his friend the following week because we really want to give Chris' friend this path of "coming home" if you get what i mean. Then maybe I can introduce Impact to him and you can talk to him more about it. =) Thanks Johnny. I was actually hoping that Jack was going to answer, but that's ok! God gave me you, who is as good. =)

I have a random question for you.. If you receive a text or a call from Jack or Judy that Annie is going in labor, would you go home immediately? Even if you were in a middle of class? :D I mean I think I already know the answer, but I want to hear it anyway. hahahah.

Jasmine.

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.