Day 3 - Reward of Growth

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
By johnny
You know what happens when you listen to Bill Johnson's message.
Well, take that and times two.
Cause I listened to two messages by Bill just today.
Totally rocked my world.
Go listen to Wisdom's Tension & Back To Our Roots.
You can either stream it or add it into your iTunes Podcast.

A couple quotes from Bill & my reflection:

All growth is rewarded with pruning
that ensures fruitfulness in the next season.

Bill's words are always right there when I need'em. I believe I am going through a season of pruning on a personal level, and Impact is also going through a season of pruning that prepares for the fruit in the coming season. Cutting off some branches and leaves and get back to the root would be what this season's about.

When you embrace the cross,
you guarantee fruitfulness in the next season.


This is real basic yet so important because the root needs to grow deeper in order to hold up the branches, the leaves, and the fruits on the way.

You can have a measure of breakthrough
as a direct result of your striving.

But it'll be the last season of your victory.


I've been thinking about the How To's regarding to breakthrough; trying to explain this season of pruning with my own interpretation and striving. I definitely do not want to see the end of growth because I watered the tree with the wrong water. It may grow a bit, but it'll die right away.

I'm still learning.

Johnny

ps. Listened to all my own doodling recordings and I realized that I need to dig them all out and start singing them. I really enjoy listening to these songs God gave me!

pps. I am one-seventh away from 21 days! I have so much time to spend now because I'm not going on facebook! Haha.... I'm glad I'm on this fast! Jesus, we get to spend more time together, aren't You glad? I am =D

1 comments:

March 01, 2009 10:02 PM Praisesound

cool, dude. keep sharing away :-)


i'm always inspired by your post.



xoxo, your biggest fan!

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.