Back to NMH - Part 1

Thursday, December 20, 2007
By johnny
MONDAY

If this does not excite you, I'm sorry that you missed out a cross-nation miracle.
Cuz I'm extremely excited at what God did on Sunday-Monday.

Here's the summary:
I spent Monday night with Sam and his parents Rick and Marianne. I heard from Marianne that after they got home from Chemo, the therapist called Sam up and told him that today's result was TERRIFIC. It seems like his kidkeys are once again healthy and working normally!!! I told them that on Sunday everyone at Impact prayed for Sam's healing and we declared God's victory over Sam. Moreover, we expected a different result that would blew that therapists away.

And God moved.

He moved in our deparate cries for a brother.

This is his 3rd Chemo(once every month since October), the goal is to have 6 Chemo, hoping to better his kidney condition and eventually slow(or stop) this lethal disease that has been bothering him for quite a while. God I believe that You have healed Sam already. And the therapist will be totally in shock when he found out that Sam is miraculously cured! God thank You for everything, for all we've done is to walk by faith and not be sight. God You blow me away. I don't care what others think, for I know that it is You who healed him. And I'm going to tell the world what You've done. I was totally in awe when Rick told me that the result was not expected by anyone. But I told him that actually a group of young people in LA expected. God You never fail. You totally rock my world!

That was my crazy Monday night. I really want to encourage you to EXPECT heaven come to earth EVERY DAY.


TUESDAY

Woke up at 6:40am, took a good hot shower at the Corrigans, and ready for the big day--seeing lots and lots of people, giving hugs and smiles, and of course, enduring the Zero degree weather. It was CCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so glad to have that big winter jacket. If I didn't, I think I would freeze and die! Nonetheless the white fields cheered me up.

Simply beautiful. So I spent the entire day--from 7am to 11:30pm--walking around the campus, attending a french 4 class, chilling at the library, saying hi to people......and all that jazz. By the end of the day I was totally exausted. I couldn't really understand French anymore but I got a free cupcake and some cranberry juice(sweeet.)!

Here are two highlights of the day:
1. I went to the Admissions Office looking for Naomi, my class parent and my freshmen year's dorm head, but the only lady there told me that she went on a break and won't be back after new year. So that was a little bit frustrating, but I started to talk to the lady. I don't think I've ever seen her anywhere but my instinct told me that I knew this lady. Anyhow, after talking to her and asking about her Christmas plan, I asked her THE question. She said that she's going to the doctors and have a check up on her disease which she did not wish to reveal.
"How can I call you?" I asked.
"I'm Deb Wright," she replied.
I was shocked. "You're Deb Wright?....wait...You are?....what?" How come she looks so different now?
"I lost a lot of weight, that's probably why you didn't recognize me," she answered.
"I see," I ceased to ask more, realizing the seriousness of her disease.
So I prayed for her healing and a full recovery from her disease(whatever that may be), and that her doctor would be surprised at her condition. I also prayed for her trip to her sisters in Chicago over the break. She was very touched and she appreciated my prayer because the prayer was "right in time." God I believe that You will definitely heal Deb. You feel her pain and suffering from this crazy disease that caused her weight-loss.


2. Later on that night at 9:30 I had a long talk with Spencer, a graduating senior and one of the leaders of Breakaway; I basically asked him what his life has been like and how he feels about his position at Breakaway. Not going into too much detail but basically he was totally carried away by the school work and sports(for he was the captain of the varsity soccer team this fall). He wanted to walk with God yet the world kept on drawing him away from Him. He really opened up and shared about his concerns and desires for himself. So I shared with him the revelation I received at Onething 2006: I was at the Prayer Room when people around me were laying hands on me and praying for me as I stood, this man right in front of me started to talk to me.
"Don't stop running. Keep the fire burnning. Let those left behind be lead by other lights. Don't let it be your burden." Right then I thought about Breakaway. I was very worried about next year, but through this prayer God wanted me to know that he has prepared leaders to rise up after I ran on. And I believe that the leaders are Spencer, Becky, and Britt.
I then started to tell Spencer what potential I see in him--a powerful speaker who encourages his peers. I know that God's has a purpose for him by putting this gift inside of him. I then told him to start thinking about his relationship with Jesus and really put everything else aside and let God take over your life--every single minute and problem. I told him that I've been setting goals after goals to accomplish, and every day I'm refreshed because I can taste God differently! We spent an hour talking, and before he went in to his dorm, I prayed for him(guess what? in the COLD!). Lord would you just cover Spencer under Your wings and let him find rest in You(Matt11:28).

After that I went to see Grace & Andy Abel(who picked me up from Hartford), and their son Nathan. Grace is the Chinese teacher at NMH who is a firm believer of Christ, and Andy is a sociology proffesor at Keene State College. It was great to see them, but I was so exausted. So after a good talk we all prayed together--Grace has been the ONLY Chinese teacher at NMH until this school year and she has been so overwhelmed by her work. Andy is looking for new jobs and hoping to get a decent one, and he's just praying for God to open doors. So after the prayer Andy took me to the Tierney's and I stayed over there for my second night.

WEDNESDAY

Woke up at 6:30, got all my stuff together, and I was on my way to the dining hall for some breakfast before the buses' 7:30 departure for Christmas Vespers in NYC. On my way to the dining hall, I called Sam up, hoping to see him at breakfast so I could pray for him but he was still asleep. I started to say a prayer for him in his voicemail, and then *beep*...I reached the maximum of the voicemail! lol...so I continued my prayer by calling him again(and not waking him up). I was a bit sad that we could not spend much time with each other and talk because he has work to do, and I only could stay for one day.
I saw Grace Booth at the dining hall and I was overjoyed! She's an '07 grad living just a mile away from NMH. We talked and listened to the Hogappella CD(WOOHOO!!) during the bus ride and it was really cool to hear about her live and all--she's actually taking a year off, and she just got back from a 3-month theatre bootcamp and she's going to the Navajo reservation in Feb for a month to become a shepherdess! It's great to hear about her life and how different it is from mine.
Anyhow, that morning I told Britt and Becky(the other 2 core leaders of Breakaway) that I would like to have a talk with each of them. So after we arrived at NYC and during choir/orchestra's rehearsal at St. James, I had a good chat with Britt. She basically told me about her life so far and how she view herself in Breakaway. I then told her that how amazing she was and how she has the ability to organize, plan, and to be creative--Wipe A Tear would be the perfect example. I also told her that she needs to make a choice--to let God take control of her life instead of herself. She really longs for a relationship with God! It's awesome. So I prayed for her(once again in the cold....grrr), and I will keep on praying that God would break her and mold her again and again until she is a perfect vessel. God loves You very much, Britt. His love never fails!
So after that me, Grace, Britt, Spencer Hattendorf, and Ralph Craig walked around the city and my feet hurt like crazy!! Nevertheless it was a good walk. But I wanted a Starbucks coffee so badly, but we didn't see any. So I got cappuccino from 2 different cafes but I threw both of them away--nothing like Starbucks. I'm an addict lol ! Finally, Michael Corrigan, NMH's Chaplain and the host of my first night and who lived in New York for a long time, took me to the nearest Starbucks(which is like 10 blocks away!), and we had a great talk about my life and school. It was raining hard in NYC! Anyhow, He's simply a man of faith, wisdom, and encouragement, and I believe that God would use him to impact more students on campus!

Thanks for reading this super dooper long entry. And it's only the first part!
That's it for now. I'll update the second part tomorrow. Yeah the second part wouldn't be as long as the first, but still pretty cool.

God is simply KABOOM!
Johnny

2 comments:

December 21, 2007 9:25 AM Sarah Wang

GIG! (God is good)
G2G! (Glory 2 God)

O Praise Him!! For He listens to our prayers!<3 GO JESUS!!

-sala<3

December 22, 2007 9:12 PM Praisesound

i love you, bro.


heartfelt stories...

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.