Back to NMH - Part 2

Saturday, December 22, 2007
By johnny

Christmas Vespers has been a long tradition(over 110 yrs) here at NMH.
This is the usual order:

Always the awesome Chamber Orchestra
Of course, the big starter: Veni Emmanuel(a senior male's solo)
Sing We Noel--Awesome song when the choir walked to their positions
After that we've got NMH Singers, Select Women's Ensemble, Chamber Orchestra, Concert Choir doing different pieces. And of course the audience are invited into some singing(i.e Joy To The World).
And then here comes the ending three pieces:
A main piece(each year varies, this year's by J.S. Bach)
Adeste Fideles(O Come All Ye Faithful)--another tradition when choir walk out to the side.
The last song befor the organ jams out an ending piece while everyone applauded:
Stille Nacht(the original Silent Night is in German): A beautiful senior female solo

I loved it. Got tears in my eyes for a couple times. This was my first Vespers as an audience. A different taste of Christmas Vespers indeed. I better get use to this since there's no chance for me to be in the Vespers choir ever again! Twas beautiful. A realy cool thing is that Grace and I went up to the balcony and we got the perfect view of the chapel and the choir. The acoustic was perfect up there(Thanks to Michael)!

There's always a reception after Vespers since you see loads of alums, family, and trustees there. Cheese and crackers, cookies, all the good stuff. I saw so many people there--from class of 2005-2007! They are wonderful people and I love them. I've put all the pix on facebook if you wanna go check them out.
So after Vespers I was planning to have a talk with Becky, but really too bad I couldn't since there are too many people on the bus and we werent sitting next to each other. On the way back we watched Home Alone, after that we watched The Princess Bride. About 30 minutes into the second movie, we arrived at Hartford Bradley Airport. I got off with 3 other people--Ellie(an awesome flute player), Kavinee, and Ivy(both in choir). They were also catching flights at the airport. Anyhow, we four shared a room at the airport hotel and we crashed there.
THURSDAY
And stupidly, I woke up at 7:20am, realized that I totally missed my 7am flight! Kavinne and Ivy had gone already. Ellie was catching a 1030 flight. Oh well so I called Southwest and had my flight changed to a 12pm one. It was alright I guess. So after hanging out with Ellie until she left, I went to my gate and watched the new NMH admission DVD. Sam is in it. I was laughing when I saw Sam(sorry dude). It was great though. A not-bad made DVD....quite lame lol. Spent a while reflecting on my trip. Quite amazing, I'd say. I really praise God that He has been protecting me these days with my traveling and having talks with different people. A part of my heart is still over there in the fields of snow.
****
Here's the flight: I sat in the middle. On my left is this 60+ man who seems really rich and experienced. On my right, a 11-year-old boy who is well behaved and good at solving Rubik's cube. For the most of the flight the man Bob Kelly and I started to chat and basically he started to tell me all about how to finance! He's definitely a successful man with loads of experience, and everything he told me I have heard from many people, and hearing the same thing again definitely helped me. "Just remember: SAVE, SAVE, SSSSSAVE!!!!" He's a good man and I really enjoyed talking with him. That's about Thursday.
Thanks Jack/Eric for picking me up at the jammed airport. You two rock.
GIG. ATT.
Johnny
FACEBOOK PICTURES:

1 comments:

December 22, 2007 10:01 PM jasypants

Hello Johnny. I heard you're taking your driving test on Monday. Good luck! Let me pray for you right now, k?? :]


Jesus, I pray that you annoint Johnny this whole week Lord. You have given him a beautiful gift. He is Your son and he'll do anything for You. Annoint Johnny, send down your Holy Spirit onto him. Monday, he's taking his driving test again Lord and this time, we not only know that You'll be there to guide him along the way, but You'll also protect him from any danger, Lord. Cover him with Your blood, flood his heart with Your love for him. Ease his nervousness about the test, Lord. Fill him up with confidence, knowing that You will shine Your Glory onto everyone he passes, especially the instructor whose going to be testing him, Lord. In Jesus' name, protect him! In Jesus' name, AMEN.

I'll cheer you on! No matter what happens. ^_^ Have faith!

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.