What does God taste like?

Thursday, December 6, 2007
By johnny
O Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
-Psalm 34:8-


God might taste sweet like Kisses, or maybe bitter like dark chocolate. What does God tastes like to you personally? Or have you tasted God? I cannot tell you how something tastes like because you are not me. So if you don't taste something then you will never know what it tastes like, eh?

*****This is what happened tonight (wed 120507)

Woah God. You take my breath away yet again.
So today after a large group gathering I had a chance to walk back to my dorm with this awesome bro Tom(not his real name). I just started to share with him all the stuff that God has done in my life during conferences and the past few days, and about Jim, whom I prayed last night.

So here's the first big miracle tonight, ready?
Last night I prayed for Jim and I prophesied over him that he would not have to use crutches anymore after his check-up today. So tonight he left a voicemail on my cell telling me that he really appreciate my praying for him and HE IS OFF THE CRUTCHES!!!Just like the woman in Mark 9, Jim got healed!!!

Praise the Lord or WHAT?! Wooooooah! I just want to get up and dance around, ya know.

So I shared this testimony with Chris and many more about how I deal with my roommates since he is struggling with his roommates and suitemates who swear a lot and just simply worldly. I later on prayed that God would give Tom His heart to feel how He feels for others and His eyes to see the emptiness inside of them. This is the third day of my A Person A Day journey.

*****
And what's even more amazing is that he wrote a note on his blog an hour ago:

okay guys, so my hands are cold from being outside for too long, so i'm sorry if i have a bunch of typos in here...
so today is 12/5-6/07 and i just came from large group...
we heard testimonies from a fellow brother and sister in Christ and they were just awesome! They were so encouraging because it showed me that God is truly working in the lives of people. I always wondered where God was? maybe because i feel like he was never apparent in my life (which isn't true, i just never took the time to see all that God has done for me, so sad) but it was so awesome hearing Him work in the lives of others!
people's lives can be touched in so many ways, I love how God reveals himself so specific to everyone's needs...He doesn't leave anything out!

alright so after large group, I ended up walking back to Revelle with a fellow brother of mine and he just started sharing his testimonies over the summer. He told me so many stories of people's lives being touched through prayer, especially street prayer. It was so encouraging to see how powerful prayer is! I never realized how important it can be in people's lives, even those who aren't Christian.

Thank you God for just revealing yourself to me tonight! I pray that I will not forget these stories and experiences that i've been able to hear about. Thank you for such an amazing first quarter of college where i can grow and learn about myself and you God! I pray these things in your precious Son's name, Amen.

thanks for reading! I hope that you have an awesome winter break! God bless and Merry Christmas if I don't see you until after winter break!
*****

Jesus You are lovely. You taste like the best wine ever made(John2:10). Thank You for letting us taste yet another heavenly flavor of Your love and grace.

Anyhow, GIGATT! God Is Good All The Time!
Johnny

1 comments:

December 06, 2007 8:37 AM Sarah Wang

WOW GO JESUS!! and... GO JOHNNY!!
You guys make good partners~ hehe
I hope you can be here on Sunday so you can share your testimonies... gah... it's only Wednesday and another week and half for you before we can see your beautiful face! How many more testimonies will you store up by then huh?? Gosh I can't even imagine! God makes me excited...

To answer your question of how God tastes like to me...
HE TASTES LIKE 跳跳糖 TO ME!! ALWAYS MAKING ME SO EXCITED WITH HIS COLORFUL AND UNEXPECTED SURPRISES!!

Oh I love Him<33

GOOD LUCK ON FINALS JOHNNY WANG!

-SARAH WANG<3

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.