TRANSITION Live

Thursday, August 14, 2008
By johnny


From RIGHT to LEFT: Austin (my good buddy), Niall (bass/acoustic g-tar & vocal), Hannah (Niall's wife), Jesse (lead g-tar & vocal), Julianne (Jesse's wife...and guess what? she's only 22 and she and Jesse are married for 2 years already!), Josh (drummer & Jesse's brother), myself.

This 3-piece & 11-year band TRANSITION from Bristol, England is for sure on my TOP 10 artist now! Check out more info on this Chinese music website!

Their style, taste, melodies, and lyrics are really great: not so much the "Maroon 5" style, but closer to a "U2 style" band I suppose. One thing that really stands out to me is that their songs tonight can be songs during worship! I gotta say when I was there filming and taking pictures, I can feel the relaxed and joyful atmosphere at that church. It was something I've never experienced before; it's hard to put my feeling into words. Every song is a worship song, a love song to the Lord.

****A special prayer request for Jesse. He got diagnosed with diabetes on August 4th, just two days before the band left for Taiwan! And the doctor taught him how to do all the medication and the shots so that he can be on this tour oversea! Please pray for a supernatural healing miracle from the Lord upon Jesse! In Jesus Name, be healed!

The Lord is using this band to preach the Gospel to the nations! And they are certainly a blessing to this little island called Taiwan!

I got Austin, my NMH good buddy, to go with me. And he really enjoyed their music and he was touched by the messages delivered through the lyrics. Lord I pray for Austin's salvation that he will remember TRANSITION's music and the meaning behind the lyrics. Lord would You convict his heart and stir up the desire inside of him to want to know You!

Jesus, I do not know what to do about 中元節 (the day when most of Taiwanese would cook a lot and put it outside and burn paper money for the "bad ghosts" so that they wouldn't bother them...or something like that) but to pray for the sins of this nation. I know there is still hope for Taiwan! Lord, You never forget Your promises. When You hear Your people's cry, You would come.

2 Chronicles 7:14
I think that's what Taiwan should do tomorrow instead of making sacrifices and burning incense to the wrong gods.

Jesus, I plead Your blood over my sins
and the sins of my nation.
God, end idol worshiping and send revival to
Taiwan.

Johnny

ps. met a girl who lives in Arcadia and went to AHS. After working hard @ PCC for two years, she got into UCLA this fall. She goes to a church in Temple City too. I forgot the name but it's a branch out of the church Transition played at tonight.

3 comments:

August 14, 2008 6:29 PM Eric

so what was the sign about yesterday?

August 15, 2008 12:44 AM Sarah Wang

wow... 3 people band... so powerful.

August 26, 2008 2:59 AM Praisesound

i know that church...


:-)

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.