5 Countries in One Night

Friday, May 16, 2008
By johnny
Went to Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego with Jeff.
The artworks are very interesting and cool.
Here's one by Maya Lin, a landscape artist.

Then we went to Horton Plaza because Jeff needed to buy a pair of shoes. As Jeff was at Foot Locker, I saw this homeless man and started to talk to him. His name is Mike, 53 years old. And both his calves have serious injuries--a hole on each one that leaks out something...and he cannot really walk for a long time or else his legs would hurt and burn. So I prayed for him but he didn't try it out because he's there to ask for money so that he can buy some dinner. I didn't have any cash. Rather I prayed for him multiple times--for his relationship with family and friends, and Lord's favor over his life because He is the Provider. His story was pretty wacked-out but obviously he didn't tell me the full-length of his story; not even the weird looking holes that's on his arms. I hope those weren't bullet holes or burnt marks. God bless that man. I really felt burdened after talking to him. Don't know how to fully express that feeling into words though.

Then we went to In-N-Out. At the parking lot we met this man Alex coming to ask us for a few bucks so that he can get some gas and to support his family--a 5 month pregnant wife. He started to share with us his testimony about how he found his wife two tears ago. Jeff and I were pretty encouraged at how the Lord is so graceful and encouraging. We prayed for him and he prayed for us. He hope the baby will be a girl. Bless that man and Lord, be their Provision!

Got into In-N-Out. Sitting next to me were three Caucasians. Found out that the two guys were from Switzerland, and the lady was from South Africa. One of the guys has a brace on his right ankle because he twisted it. I told them about the testimonies, yet that guy's face is really awkward, so he didn't know what to reply, which became a NO. Anyhow they were talking about secert menus and I joined the conversation and told them all the different In-N-Out secrets out of the menu, and they were amazed at how many different things that are not on the menu!

After that group came another group -- a guy and two young ladies. Jeff and I were guessing where they were from, and I guessed GERMANY, and Jeff guessed AUSTRALIA. And neither of us was right. The guy was from Congo, one of the girls was from Korea, and another from China. Moreover, they are also Caucasians!! And, of course, we got tricked. Guess what? I even asked that girl whether she speaks some Madarin, and she's like.... "uh...yeah....just a little bit." And then I said, "一點點?" And then she's like...."yeah..." (HAHA I was still into their trap!) haahhaa.... The guy's from Poland, the "Korean" girl is actually from Uruguay, and the "Chinese" girl is from Italy.

So today was pretty cool, met people from
South Africa, Switzerland, Poland, Italy, and Uruguay
In that little In-N-Out in San Diego!

Jesus I love You!

Johnny

ps. Jack's got some crazy stories that toally boosted my faith and hunger!!! CRAZY!!!!

1 comments:

May 16, 2008 3:26 PM Sarah Wang

I WANT IN-N-OUT TOO!!!

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.