Open Heaven Worship

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
By johnny
Once again, the open-air worship brought God's presence down upon library walk today. Grace on keys, Jon on acoustic guitar, Anthony on electric bass (he's amazing at it, moreover he's thinking about going to FMA), and Gordon on another acoustic guitar with some awesome effects. The worship was so pure and innocent, and the presence of the Lord fell so gently yet heavily. The entire atmosphere on library walk was shifted into worshiping the God Almighty. Many believers from other fellowships stopped and worshiped with us. And many other passing-by people paused, stared, and attracted to the worship music, and definitely, the presence of the Lord.

Someone once asked me why haven't I led open air worship since the beginning of the school year. My simple answer would be that there's no keyboard available. But I think the real reason why I really haven't played keys and sang corporately on my campus isn't that I don't want to or I was not led to do so, but that I really enjoy being down there worshiping the Lord without the spotlight. The last thing I want to do is to grab that mic and sing or take that keyboard and play, I don't know why. However, I am more than willing to worship in public, but I guess not in this school year. And I'm totally fine with it! I mean, I lead worship at Impact almost every week, and being on the sideline worshiping has always been one of the most relaxing and fun times because I do not have a microphone or a keyboard to fiddle with. I can just jump, dance, lift my hands, and soak.


I love open air worship.
I love open heaven worship more.
I love the heaviness of the Kingdom.

I love Jesus.


Johnny

ps. 4 things due: Visual project (Tomorrow), Paper(Monday), Website(Sunday), and Research Project(next Thursday). Please keep me in your prayers. I really want to get more than 3.0 this quarter.

1 comments:

May 29, 2008 2:15 AM Sarah Wang

i know what you mean...
i really enjoy the times when i don't need to worry about leading worship or looking at cues of the leaders and just simply worship Him freely...

don't worry about anything, but pray about everything.
Your heavenly Fatehr's got your back! :)

You're in my prayers.

-sala<3

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.