David & Jesus' Three Men

Sunday, May 18, 2008
By johnny
So the three mighty men broke through the Philistine lines,
drew water from the well near the gate of Bethlehem and
carried it back to David.
-2 Samuel 23:16-

contradictory....

He took Peter, James, and John along with Him...
and said to them, "Stay here and keep watch."...
Then He...found them sleeping...
-Mark 15:33~37-

You thought Jesus' got mighty men to back Him up
just like David back in the golden days.
Jesus brought His closest 3 disciples with Him.
3 of David's mighty men was with him.
All of them would die for their master.

I mean, I definitely want to be one of those mighty men
who BROKE THROUGH the Philistine lines.
That's pretty sick, just imagine that.
I'd say these three men killed over 5,000 people
just to get that little glass of water back to David.

As a disciple, I definitely want to cultivate that faithful and loyal attitude toward all my leaders. Like Jonathan's armor bearer, I want to be a encourager that would push each other forward as I'm being pushed forward too.

I don't know whether this post makes any sense, but I just want to get back to His Words and dig a little deeper and a little wider. I love to read awesome stories about all these crazy people who would GO DIE! That's what the Body of Christ need--more Mighty Men and Women, and more Armor Bearers. And many more Peter, James and John!

And my name happens to be

Johnny

ps. Family's here -- Dad, Mom, Grandparents. Keep me in your prayers and boldness within me to share testimonies with them.

1 comments:

May 19, 2008 7:16 AM Praisesound

Wisdom like King Soloman unto Johnny...

Boldness to step out unto deeper water...

A burning desire to weep and love our family...for their weaknesses as well as their strengths...

Bring healing & deliverance unto my family (grandpa/grandma/mom/dad/judie and the rest of the gang)...

We want to see Jesus lifted high in our family. Lord, won't you show Your mighty power especially during their trip in the States this time?

Amen!

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.