First Saturday

Sunday, February 17, 2008
By johnny

Today's the first Saturday I spent on campus since zero week! Went to sleep a tad before 4am. It got quite cooooold! But sleep in the Lord's presence? I'd do it whether it's freezing or not! Anyhow, I woke up at 7:40 and started to break down all the stuff while the last group of people were jamming it out for the Lord before the end of Love Tent. After we were all packed, 11 of us gathered and just give thanks to the Lord.
God's moving. The head of Price Center(the student center where theres' a free speech zone) came to Jeff and told him that he really liked the Love Tent and said that WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS EVERY MONTH! You gotta get this, this is the person who kicked JHOP out of Price Center last year when they were preaching the Love of God! Woah. William saw this vision how God's using Love Tent to shift the culture of this school, and he also said that many times new strategy would just kick in and we gotta throw the old ways away. And this might be the new strategy to reach out to the campus: we're not forcing them anything, we are simply having a great time loving God in public! There are so many testimonies regarding to those who are curious about the tent! Eddie was also saying that this school is like Nazereth, does not have enough faith that Jesus could not perform signs and wonders! However, the school has been moved by the Spirit of God and people are starting to get curious about Christianity!
Robbie was talking to Fred, the Physic prof, head of Adult Thought yesterday afternoon.
"If that guy was healed right there at the spot, would you rethink about[Christianity]?"
"If he was really healed, I would strongly reconsider"
I was surprised that Fred said that. I mean, he's the last person on earth that would believe in God, yet he said that he would strongly reconsider believing in God if he sees God's power with his own eyes! Lord right now I just ask You to release Your Spirit upon this campus like never before so that multitudes of signs and wonders would break out for people to see that You are real and still living among us! Thank You Lord. Come shift the culture! We won't stop praying in faith! And we just pray that the works we put into the Love Tent would not be in vain.
I met these two awesome guys from LA -- Matthew Williams and Ryan Holly. They are in a film school in LA right now, and I told them that they are totally going to bring the Gospel into Hollywood. It's cool to connect with them and all. They came down just for Love Tent! Good stuff. Bless them totally.
Went back to the room. Took a good shower. Had a good breakfast. Started to watch 3:10 to YUMA but I fell asleep an hour into the movie. Took a nap at 12:30ish. My suitemates woke me up at 5:30! I was planning to sleep for an hour, not five! Anyhow I went with them to play some tennis. I didn't play cuz of my left knee(it's healing bit by bit! Thank You God!!) so I was making some music on my Mac on the side. I hope to at least finish making Get Connected remix version on my Mac beauty.
We went down to Chipotle and grabbed some amazing burrito and then we went to this good play called The Physicists. My friend Seth's in it. I was impressed at the acting, the set, and the play itself! It's about these three patients in a Mad House in Germany, sometime in the 60's I assume. One consider himself as Issac Newton, another Albert Einstein, and another King Solomon. Very interesting play with an unexpecting ending. The characters totally cracked me up. It's a comedy/drama type of play. Has some good & deep stuff. I'm now addicted to going to plays since La Jolla playhouse--it's literally right across from my dorm!
And then we went to watch the movie Jumper(I know, what a night!) for $8.50 & $15.00--a ticket, a large popcorn and two large drinks. TOTALLY NOT WORTH MY $23.50!!!!!! DO NOT WATSE YOUR MONEY TO WATCH JUMPER! Bad plot, good concept, yet many holes to poke. The movie does not really have a lot of stuff in it.

"It's not even worth downloading illegaly..."
- Kumar(not his real name for legal reasons), my awesome suitemate who has over 150 High-Def movies in his computer(shhhh....don't tell anyone....).

However the trailers were pretty good(kind of)--Semi-Pro(Will Ferrell), 21(the gambling movie), Wanted(Angelina Jolie & Morgan Freeman...I'm excited for that movie), and the crazy Indiana Jones 4(Oh Em Gee....pleeeeeease)!

Anyhow, that's about what happened today: Tent, Food, 5hr nap(totally awesome), Music, Food, Play, Movie, Blog + Romans.

I urge you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices,
holy and pleasing to God--
this is your spiritual act of worship.
-Romans 12:1-

Lord, I pray that my worship always please You.
When the worship goes up, heavens come down.
I love You Dad.

Johnny

ps. Romney endorsed McCain yesterday. Saw that coming already. I don't know what God's doing, but it'll totally take a miracle for Huckabee to win the nomination while McCain is just 87 delegates away from nomination!

3 comments:

February 17, 2008 10:45 PM Jeff Kuo

ahaha, i was eating after IMPACT today, and john, the one from Beverly Hills was talking about don't waste money watching jumper as well, LOL, well, sorry to hear that you didn't get ur project done, worship was AWESOME today, my mom and grandma are getting better now, thanks for the prayers man, God is really taking care of them

February 17, 2008 10:45 PM Jeff Kuo
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
February 18, 2008 11:26 AM Stephineeee

oh man, i was totally looking forward to watching Jumper! thanks for the heads up. and i can't wait for Indiana jones either...so exciting.

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.