My Left Knee Didn't Get Healed!!

Monday, February 18, 2008
By johnny
Praise the Lord. It was an awesome night.
Had some awesome laughs for sure! =)

Went to house church at Robbie's apt with all these amazing people. Robbie shared tonight and his point is to get us all thinking why we are Christians. We talked about miracles, dreams and science--things that shake our faith on a regular basis.
Lately I've just been stuggling with my doubt. And Lord I simply hate that thought. This little voice inside of me has been asking me the same question over and over again: Is God real?
Let's face it. We all have this little voice inside of us. I mean, I have no doubt(or at least I think I have none) that Jesus is real and alive because of the multiple things I've experienced. Sometimes I would want a crazy testimony that I can tell the world about, yet there was no crazy conversion testimony for me to tell all those "humanists" and "athiests". I don't think my testimony holds much juice even though I know that it is a powerful one, but to those unbelievers, a simple healing of my headache would not do it(even though God's definitely working somehow). I want to bring those humanists to Christ. I really do feel sorrow for them because this physic prof Fred does not live for any purpose. If there is really no God, then why are we here? If Jesus didn't raise from the dead, then we might as well not live at all because there's no reason for us to live anyways! For real though. This is some crazy thoughts yet they are very reasonable. Just linger on this for a while.
One thing is: God has been real to me so far, so I will still stick with this Son of God unless I can find proven facts that Jesus did not raise from the dead because His bones are found and "identified"(which is nearly impossible to do). However, nothing has been found yet related to Jesus' death. Thank You Lord. I really am amazed by You. Tonight's message totally opened my eyes to another field of looking at my belief and what it is that I'm doing what I'm doing--pick up my cross and follow Jesus.
We also talked about signs, wonders and miracles and how we haven't seen many miracles on campus and how this school needs serious miracles to draw men back to God. Lord I ask for a release of Your power upon Your servants ready to serve others as You have served us. Empower Your sons and daughters to release Your power upon the sick and afflicted ones on campus. We want to see huge miracles! We are raising our expectations! We are not restricting ourselves inside a box because we know that You are not in a box! You are alive!
We separated into two groups to pray for one another--5 guys & 3 girls. So all these four awesome crazy sons of God--Jeff, Robbie, Victor, and Jon--were determined to pray for my left knee to be completely healed: with new skin growing back instantaneously. We all believed that my knee would be healed through prayers. Jesus raised someone from the dead, how about repairing my scarred knee completely with new skin without any scar? I mean God can do whatever He wants, but we were really longing for the Lord to just come down and heal my left knee. So for like 30 minutes they were all laying hands on me; Victor and Jon actually laid their hands right on my wound! And here comes the crazy part that totally cracked us all up: Jon suddenly said, "I think I should blow on his knee." And we all burst out laughing because it was so random! So hilarious. Anyhow Jon did that and we prayed for some more, yet my knee still looked the same. I'll make sure I get pictures that Robbie took before they prayed for me. God I think it would be totally amazing if You just give me new skin over my left knee, Ya know. But we had a blast laughing too...lol. Anyhow, that's about my knee and all. Oh right, Victor said the word "shower" when he was praying for me, so we'll see whether that's a sign from God(I hope it is!).

Just some good verses from Matthew 17-19:

Um.....why did Peter, James, and John know that it was Moses and Elijah that appeare before them? Did they know what did Moses and Elijah look like? Oh well...just a thought.

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' an it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Yeah, we were all praying God that we could have faith as BIG as a mustard seed, which is extremely tiny, that we can totally what Jesus tells us to do in Matthew 10:8!

"From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes--from their own sons or from others?"
"From others," Peter answered."
"Then the sons are exempt," Jesus said to him.
I think this has something significant, but I can't say much about it. I think it has something to do with our sins and how our debts are forgiven because we are His sons and daughters.

One funny thing about the disciple: Jesus told them about being humble and becoming like a little child in order to enter the kingdom of heaven in chapter 18, yet the disciples didn't quite get it. In chapter 19 they actually stopped the children from going to Jesus and being prayed for. So Jesus told them yet again: "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these [children]."

I'm a bit confused about this camel thingy: It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. What??? what does that camel thinger have to do with entering the kingdom of God? Camel going through the eyes of a needle--what does that mean?

Lord I still love You so.
I still believe that You'll heal my knee!

Johnny

ps. I watched the movie I, Robot again today with my suitemates. And I really do appreciate God's intention of creating human. We are created with emotion, unlike robots. That's beautiful, Lord.

pss. Had a chance to chat with Garrett last night(it was actually 5am...) on skype. He's now at Chile chilling. He was listening to some music I gave him before his departure and he listend to my songs lol...I totally forgot that I put my songs in it. Anyhow he sent me his song and it is superb. I can feel his love for God within that song. Garrett you rock, dude. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

0 comments:

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.