A King David Wannabe

Thursday, February 28, 2008
By johnny
I think every believer should be a
King David wannabe.

Who wouldn't want to be:

1) Good Looking (super good looking)
2) Riff on the G-Tar real mmmmmad
(That means plays many musical instruments)
3) Writes poems and songs every day
4) Beats down a frigging GIANT when he was very young!
(that's totally awesome)
5) Become the King of Israel
6) A true warrior that NEVER loses
7) The man after God's own heart

Um. For real. This is the man I want to become besides Jesus. I don't want to be an astronaut when I grow up, I want to be a giant killer! I want to be the second man after God's own heart. I want to be just like this dude King David (not the sinning part, of course lol)! I mean, David sinned yet he turned back to God and repented for what he's done. And then he started to flee from his son who was trying to kill him for the throne--and that's when all the intense song-writing came about.

Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength;
we will sing and praise Your might.
-Psalm 21:13-


I can feel like Jesus was praying to God with Psalm 22
when He was in Gethsemane.
It's a big & loud cry from David to the Lord.

I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted away within me.
-Psalm 22:14-
This connected with Jeremiah 20:9, which I wrote yesterday. Bones are out of joint & heart has turned to wax--fire is out of the bones, going out.

For dominion belongs to the Lord
and He rules over the nations.
-Psalm 22:28-
This is from the mouth of a king!
Overall, Psalm 22 is one great cry!

Here's the most mentioned Psalm of history:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through
the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love(mercy) will follow me
all the days of my life, and I will
dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
-Psalm 23-

David, can you teach me how to write these awesome psalms? Holy Spirit would You come and be involved in my song-writing process just like You did with King David over 2,000 years ago! I want to restore the tent of David!

In that day I will restore David's fallen tent,
I will repair its broken places,
restore its ruins,
and build it as it used to be...
-Amos 9:11-


Jesus I love You. Lead us not into temptations.
Restore David's tent on college campuses!

Johnny


ps. math midterm didn't go as well as I thought. it was soooooooo hard! Lord have mercy!

2 comments:

February 28, 2008 9:14 AM Anonymous

David was a red hair dude. You can start painting your hair red first... hmm...

February 28, 2008 4:40 PM johnny

I'll do whatever to become more like Jesus & David, even it means to die with a red hair!

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.