Rest in Your Love

Friday, February 15, 2008
By johnny
I spent over 3 hours doing my math homework. Oh Em Gee.....I love You Lord....but I don't love math as much. You only tell me to love You and my neighbors, not math. Thank You Lord.

All you guys dat stay tired from working hard,
an stay trying fo handle all da heavy kine stuff
dat da Rules say, come!
Come ova hea by me.
I make you guys rest now.
Jalike da oxes get yoke on top dem fo pull da load,
you guys put my yoke on top you,
an go learn fo do wat I teaching you.
I stay gentle an I like take care peopo befo me,
so yoa hearts goin rest inside.
Cuz my yoke real good, an my load real easy.
Matthew 11:28~30 - Pidgin Version

Pidgin, a language in Hawaii, actually has their own words and I bought this "Da Jesus Book" aka New Testament on Amazon.com. Recommended by our beloved Mark Hendrickson. This is not a make-fun version of the Bible, it's actually a version of the Bible intended for those speakers of the Hawaii Pidgin language! This version completely speaks to the heart and cracks me up because I'm not used to this language. The Gospel is already so simple, and it gets even simpler when it's written in Pidgin(sort of). Thank You Lord. Yoa yoke real good. You make me rest now.

Love Tent has been totally awesome. So many people passed by and peeked in, and I just pray Lord that You would tirred up their hearts when they see us loving You without holding back! You are a beautiful bridegroom. I love you!

Please keep on praying for the Love Tent UCSD & UCR. I think something big's going to happen tomorrow! Come pour down Your zealous love upon these two campuses, God!

Johnny

0 comments:

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.