This World...

Saturday, June 28, 2008
By johnny
Got on the bus and saw this man with crutches.

He has polio since age of 2 after a crazy fever back in the 1960s. He has to use crutches since he has memory. When I heard that, my heart was broken. He kept on tell me how his condition does not allow him to travel far away nor get him a decent job with good pay. He told me that I really need to be grateful that I am so alive and well.

I, then, asked him "the question". And guess what? He has been to church before and had many people prayed for him! He told me that so many people have prayed for him back at church, but the prayers did not really work. I then encouraged him that I have faith to see him be so blessed today, for he was actually heading to a job interview!

The thing is, I wanted to pray for him, but I had to get off the bus!!! So I told him that I will be praying for him and he will experience God's favor and love and blesings when he starts to declare and have faith!

He has lived all his life on crutches.
Jesus showed me yet another level of His heart.
My heart was tenderized.
This entire world needs the Lord so much.
I wish I did not get off the bus and kept on riding with him and praying for him and chatting with him and sharing testimonies with him.
But I know what I did is not in vain.
The Lord listens tentatively to our desperate cries.

You have been a refuge for the poor,
a refuge for the needy in his distress,
a shelter from the storm
and a shade from the heat.
-Isaiah 25:4-

Johnny

0 comments:

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.