RAW and PURE worship

Friday, June 6, 2008
By johnny
Got real tanned today out there on Library Walk for almost two hours just worship Him. I told Gordon, Grace, and Eddie that I've never felt this feeling before--that I am, for the first time, using worship as a weapon in the spiritual realm! And it's not the time to fool around; it was real and raw worship right in the middle of UCSD.

In the beginning I felt like being in the enemy's camp and declaring victory--that was the different feeling I felt. I've always led worship at Impact--praise the Lord and boost up our faith in our home base. And today, God really did set me up to wear that armor and be in the front line of the entire army, on a horse, dashing right at the vast army of the enemy. So vulnerable, yet so pure. Pure worship that's right from the heart is very noticeable (that's a good word right there). It is very much so to the unbelievers and, of course, to the enemy. YOPP has been out there standing at the gap between the living and the dead, praying to the Lord to have mercy and stop the plague, and worshiping Him in spirit and in truth.

Here's the thing: I kept on having the mindset of being in the battlefront fighting with all I've got until I got a revelation from the Lord that HE HAS WON THE VICTORY 2000 YEARS AGO. And what was I doing in the battlefront? Oh right, there was NO enemy there! I felt such a freedom in worship that people passing by were being tentative to this worship because we CANNOT HELP but to be drawn toward God's presence--that's what we're made for! And if the victory is won, then when God's army comes, the enemy's troop has to scatter; when the light comes, darkness has to flee--there was no second option but to disappear.

After typing this paragraph, I remembered that Tony from New Life Irvine prayed for me once about playing Lord's music to fight against satan's music. It's actually in Alice's comment on that post back in December. Pretty awesome. Lord thank You. I receive what you have for me and today on Library Walk and I take it as a confirmation of the words I got back in December @ Impact.

Gordon was awesome on bass. He's really bringing out his lovesick-ness(that's good word too) for Christ through those notes. It was the first time I worshiped with Gordon playing instruments on campus! And Grace was, as always, so anointed with her voice--harmonizing or singing new songs--it was a privilege and honor to have worshiped with her. Eddie amplified his mandolin-playing, and as soon as he started to play I felt something moving in the spirit that was causing all instruments to communicate through notes and the worshipers communicate in hearts and spirits. And the rest of YOPP & JHOP were there standing in the gap and worshiping the Lord in one accord. How blessed I am to have known all these crazy sons and daughters of God! There wasn't thunder or glory cloud or electric shock or shaking. There was the bride of Christ preparing for the wedding ceremony that is to come.

God desires to set people free.
And today freedom was released over UCSD through our little stand of worship that was not little at all because it shook the heavens, and God came down.

Maritha told me that she talked to this guy taking picture of us worshiping, and she found out that he's Catholic however he has never felt the love of God. However, he told Maritha that listening to our worship he really felt the love of Christ! Pretty rad eh!

The LORD reigns, let the nations tremble
He sits enthroned between the cherubim
Let the earth shake
-Psalms 99:1-

with forearms tanned (ahhhhh!!),
I love Jesus!

Johnny

ps. I like these two adjectives: RAW and PURE. That's what I want to chase after in worship. And I've only tasted a little of both!

ps. Thanks Grace for your Roland FP-4! I really want to get a keyboard too, then we can do crazy two-piano worship!!! I really can't explain how much crazier it's going to be during next school year! I believe prayers are also needed during summer session, and Lord I just pray that there will be students who are on campus praying for UCSD and worship You in public throughout the summer!

0 comments:

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.