Blessed Be Your Name

Sunday, March 9, 2008
By johnny
This morning Sarah and I were talking about how to bring worship to another level. So I shared with her a bit about the book Facing The Wall.

Chapter 3 - Praise As A Strategy
Not going to share much but on this one thing:
Are the praising people of God suffering the threat of attack from the spirits of perversion, incest, selfishness, and the erosion of the Rock of our salvation? I believe the answer is yes. The devil is attacking the praising people of God from every angle he can.

Everyone's a praising person, yet here Don Potter specifically talks to those who are leading worship--the Levites, so to say--marching before the ark of the covenant: so vulnerable to the enemy! Have no swords or shields, but only trumpets, lyres, guitars, basses, drums, keyboards, and voices. And the devil's trying to shut us up because we are encouraging the army behind us for THE battle. It's like God's taking over my finger and started to type these words! I really didn't think that I was typing them....anyhow, it is very true and the attacks are every where, especially when the praise people stop playing or singing--or to give up doing so because they see what's before them and forget what's backing them up!

Early in the afternoon I was watching/listening to Misty's worship live in Prayer Room, and I felt the Spirit when I was listening and watching her leading worship. Just Misty and her keyboard playing. I really want that anointing of leading people before His throne in songs. Lord that's what I want. I don't want to play some background music. I want to play music that pleases You and You alone and draws Your people close to You. I need Your presence or I rather not play nor sing. Lord I long for a breakthrough--that when Radical Jam sounds the trumpet, Your presence would fall and embrace us. I don't want to worship You only on Sundays.

I believe the Lord was talking through both Jack & Annie, for they asked me the same question in the past two days:
Jack: If she doesn't come back alive, would you still believe that your entire family will come to Christ?
Annie: If God doesn't do it(resurrect my aunt), do you still give Him the glory?

They know what I would respond to that question, yet they asked me. God asked me through them the same question. Why? I think the stirring of my heart is from the Lord, and this is quite a test and trial for me. Lord, I'm going all out holding on to Your promise and believing that You are GOD.

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Blessed be Your name

I will sing this over and over again.
Glory be unto You, Lord.
I want to expand and increase in spirit.
I'm raising my expectation for tomorrow!

Johnny

3 comments:

March 09, 2008 7:31 PM jasypants

hahaha well nooooo. you're very colorful though. seriously. now let me read your post. hahahah

March 09, 2008 7:42 PM jasypants

oh wow. yeah, i thought about that too. "would johnny still believe that his family would give their lives to Christ." then I thought to myself "no matter what happens Johnny knows that God is still good." maybe you didn't really say/think that literally, but yeah. v____v i dunno. you tell me.

God wants us to believe. Test of faith as what we call it. If we truly want it, He'll give it to us. Amen?

March 09, 2008 10:31 PM Cheezy

Keep riding those waves.

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.