Spirit of Job

Monday, March 3, 2008
By johnny
Here's what I wrote on January 11

Here's my nightly reading: Job 1 & 2

Job, a man who had it all--family, good occupation, wealth, servants, and God's blessings. He got completely BEAT DOWN just because God allowed Satan to mess up his life in order to show Satan how faithful a servant Job is. I was like...man, that sucks. I'm not Job, but after just reading the first 2 chapters I yearn for the spirit of Job.

Here's what he said after hearing all his family, oxen, sheeps, and camels burnt, stolen, and dead:
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.
-Job 1:21-

Many believers experienced what happened to Job yet did not stand faithful; therefore, they started to curse God and doubt His existence and eventually became atheists.

Yet Job did not back down.
He gave God more praise than before.

And after he was paralyzed and sick from head to toe, he still held on to the Lord. Job said to his pessimistic wife,
"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"
-Job 2:10-


Very interesting that God has given permission to Satan to attack the most righteous man on earth; for three main purposes I think:
1) Put Job into a trial and test his faith
2) Show Satan that he cannot defeat God's anointed one
3) Teach me the importance of being faithful

Here's what I wrote on January 18
I read Job chapter 3 & 4, and before I read chapter 3, I was looking at the end of chapter 2. And that's what I'm really going to share: Job chapter 2

At 6:17 tonight, Sam called. I was overjoyed.
He got my totally-belated Christmas card and called to say thanks and check up on me. We chatted about stuff and about music and all. He told me that he's feeling really great lately and there's really no physical problem with him at all. I was praising God inside! He's going to have his next therapy on this coming Tuesday. I told him that this Sunday Impact's going to pray for him once again, and that God will heal him completely and he will not need any medication! He really appreciated our friendship and I do too. God I pray for Sam right now that You would take control of his physical condition and bring restoration to all area of his life.

Here's Job--so sick that his friends could not recognize him.
And what did his three friends do?

They began to weep aloud, and they tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads. Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was.
-Job 2:12~13-

I felt like I was Job's friends--Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar. And Sam was Job. Oh God I would do the same thing for my brother! I would tear my shirts and weep and sat there in silence with him! I am desperate to see a complete healing O God! Bring restoration! You are a faithful God!

Today - March 3

The only song that came to me. Lord You comfort me with this song. I set my eyes upon You, for I know You've got a bigger plan. You asked me this as I was crying, "Didn't you asked me for the spirit of Job on January 11th?"
Jesus, YOU ARE my three friends!
You put on sackcloths and dust over Your head.
You mourn with me and take away my sadness.
Still I will praise. More than ever. Just like Job.
I am not backing down because of what happened.
You've mourned with me, and now it's time to praise.
You've made a hell for the enemy.
They shall burn for eternity.
And I ask for speedy salvation in my family through the death of my aunt. Lord only You can comfort and bring peace and joy.
I will say this to my God:
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.
-Job 1:21-

Bring Restoration

You bring restoration
You bring restoration
You bring restoration
To my soul

You've taken my pain
You've called me by a new name
You've taken my shame
And in it's place
You give me joy

You take my mourning, turn it into dancing
You take my weeping, turn it into laughing
You take my mourning, turn it into dancing
You take my sadness, turn it into joy

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
You make all things new
All things new

1 comments:

March 03, 2008 4:03 PM Sarah Wang

My heart aches when I heard about this. I think it's because I've always felt close to your family, so when this happened, I feel pain though I don't even know your aunt.

God never gives us any tasks that He doesn't think we can overcome.

Can't afford to waste any time on bringing salvation to the family. Hope you feel the urgency now.

Be strong. I pray for strength, joy, and peace. God, give us Your heart!!! In Jesus' Name, amen.

-sala<3

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.