Facing The Wall

Tuesday, March 4, 2008
By johnny
The book came in right at the moment when I needed.

I've only read 17 pages of the book and I've learned so much about worship, praise, prophets, and musicians. The book is called Facing The Wall by Don Potter. I'm going to share some everyday about this book.

CHAPTER 1 - A Little History
To truly worship God one must be ready to bow low and serve.

Sacrifice = Offering
To make an offering or a sacrifice of praise to God means you desire to draw near to Him. That's why He takes these offerings so seriously...Though your heart is full of joy when you see someone once a week, there can be no deep raltionship until there has been a sacrifice to show the depths of your desire to know them.

CHAPTER 2 - Prophet/Musicians
Music has the power to call people. It has the strength to turn heads and change hearts. It can also turn people back to God, and I believe that is still its purpose.

1 Samuel 10:5~6, 9~10.
This shows that there is power in the prophetic musician for the changing of men's hearts. However, another thing must happen before a man's life goes through real change. In verse 10 it says the Spirit of the Lord came on Saul when he saw the company of prophet/musicians. If God had not changed his heart, Saul would not have been able to receive from the Holy Spirit.

Music or even praise will just be background sound if God does not change the heart. With that change in place, then music can become a vehicle for prophecy, praise , healing, protection, and many more things in the Lord.

Remember that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy(Rev. 19:10). Moving in the prophetic should be evidence of Jesus.
-------------------------------------------------------

I've absorbed so much from the first 17 pages. I'm very excited to have gotten this book. Eddie was talking about it during YOPP two weeks ago.

One more thing to share--this totally hit me right in the heart in the book: The weapon to use when jealousy, envy, and strife are starting to come against you is prophetic praise as this is a spiritual war.

It's so true. After worship today by myself, my emotions were really restored and the sadness and sorrow were gone. Peace and joy live within me. That's the power of music. God teach me how to drive this vehicle--play music--that brings miracles! What struck me hard is that "without the heart change, the music would have just provided a nice background."

God, only You can turn men's hearts toward You! And what I'm called to do is to follow You and use music to worship with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength!

Love You Lord.
Would You come and change my family!

Johnny

1 comments:

March 04, 2008 6:33 PM Anonymous

Worshiper=Johnny Wang

^^V

棒约翰!!

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.