Resurrection? Why Not?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008
By johnny
I have nothing to lose. So I'm just going to pray to God to resurrect my aunt back to life. If she comes back to life, then praise be unto the Lord; if she does not, then praise be unto the Lord. The Lord gives and takes away according to His will.

"But, Lord," said Martha, the sister of the dead man, "by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days." Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard me. I knew that You always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that You sent me." When He had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" The dead man came out...
-John 11:39~44-

So I called Jack & Annie(Enoch's there also) and flat out tell them that what I'm about to do: call up dad and pray for my aunt who died yesterday to come back to life! They were supportive of my action and prayed over me boldness and faith.

Called up my dad. He was with my mom and my uncle on the mountain at this
cemetery to find a place to rest my aunt's cremains (ash after cremation of her body). So I told my dad that I believe there's still a chance for my aunt to come back alive through prayers. And I told him that there are so many testimonies around the world about physical resurrection. I mean, Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11) when He saw the faith of Martha and Mary.

Jesus wept. -John 11:15-
The shortest verse in the entire Bible, yet most powerful. Jesus wept for the dead! And the next thing He did was to being the dead back to life!

My dad's the best in the world. He did not think that I'm completely insane! I mean, I was totally stirred up and I told him why I want to pray this prayer for my aunt. He understood where I was coming from and he told me that he was also praying to God to save her when they were at the hospital, but not for resurrection. Yet he's explaining the possibilities to me: my aunt is right now FROZEN in the refrigerator until MARCH 25, the burial/cremation-- so the chances for her to come back alive is low, especially when she is frozen; moreover, no one would really go check up on her until the 25th. So my dad told me the only chances for resurrection is when she's out of that ice box, which is on the 25th.

So I prayed that she would come back alive when she's being moved out from the refrigerator anytime between now and the 25th of this month. My dad's such a wonderful man. He made a really good point that we should also pray for the safety for the rest of the family because we might blank out when we drive or when we walk and might get ourselves into accidents or dangers. So I also prayed for that and I spoke peace and comfort and reconciliation and unity within my family through this incident. I could sense that my dad was touched by my prayer because peace, comfort, and unity are needed during this period. And I also told my dad that if there's a chance I can go back during my spring break for a week and pray for the resurrection of my aunt right there before the cremation on the 25th. We'll see. Lord, if this is what You've planned, open up doors!

I mean, this really took a lot of faith. I'm not saying that I'm full of faith. I'm saying that I believe that Jesus' still alive today and the Word of God endures forever. And if the above statement is true and I'm following this Christ, then I'm going to pray for the resurrection of my aunt! I mean, come on, WHY NOT? I'm not going to lose any faith, rather my faith's going to be strengthened because my faith is being tested right now as I'm stepping out to the most radical zone and praying for my family. My dad told me that he would explain my heart and my prayer to my mom and especially my uncle. He told me that he wouldn't tell my grandparents that much but only about the praying for peace and comfort. I have so much respect for my dad. If he's really determined to take up the cross and follow Jesus wholeheartedly, he would be so much like Jesus! So that was what happened. Lord, give me the faith of Martha and Mary that breaks Your heart and makes You weep.

I know that there was no refrigerators 2,000 years ago, yet I believe that You can still perform resurrection today even though my aunt's body's frozen and will be frozen for the next 3 weeks! I hope that she'll be taken out from the refrigerator before 25th and she'll come back alive.

I want to leave you with this thing which my dad told me during our talk: If you go fishing on ice in the winter, the moment the fish surfaced and entered the frozen atmosphere, the fish would be frozen instantaneously(yes, like the movie The Day After Tomorrow). And if you put the fish back in the water again, it would come back to live again (it's sort of like Austin Powers, but not really). I was even more encouraged! I believe that my act of faith has somehow touched my dad. Thank You Holy Spirit. I believe You're stirred up my dad's heart right now.

MOREOVER, if this news article is real, then I don't think the chances for my aunt to come back alive are low. Rather, the chances are much higher comparing to the organism in this article below! Very fascinating indeed. Frozen for 32,000 years compared to 3 days? Tell me about low chances!

Please keep on praying for my family: peace, comfort, safety, reconciliation, and salvation. Keep up your faith, because He is still alive!

I'll share about Facing The Wall tomorrow.

Johnny

ps. Lou Engle and Dwayne Roberts were going to come to YOPP tonight! However Lou wasn't feeling well and he's heading to IHOP for Passion For Jesus conference tomorrow so they didn't come to YOPP......argh.....it's alright. I believe there's another chance for us to meet Lou and Dwayne.

pps. The Call West Coast is set and ready to roll in San Diego, people! August 2nd, Qualcomm stadium. 100,000 people from the west are expected and anticipating it. Please set that day apart for The Call. This is for the entire west coast, not just San Diego! And then there will be The Call East Coast. And then there will be The Call DC II. Get excited. I'm so looking forward to this.

ppps. Today I was encouraged by everyone at YOPP for everyone told me that I should just go and pray for my aunt to come back to life! And this guy Micah who's been performing signs and wonders at San Diego State University told me that I've got an anointing for worship and I should keep on doing it and pray for a keyboard so that I can worship in public. Tonight was awesome. And I just praise the Lord.

pppps. Jeff, get some sleep.

6 comments:

March 05, 2008 10:02 AM Sarah Wang

wow, i'm so encouraged by your dad's reaction and words. how in the world did he manage to have so much support for you and not think that you are insane??!! must be God.

i want my dad to trust in Him too... keep praying for family!

LOU AND DWYANE??!!!! WHATTATATATTT??!!! o____O
Not fair~~~ Not fair~~~~~~~~~

March 05, 2008 12:00 PM Praisesound

i am deeply touched by your faith and the determination to walk it out!


I'm certain for whatever God's heart is our action will be translated into the spiritual realm. Let the hope of the Lord rest in our family!

xoxo,
btw, let's fix my keyboard and u can take it to school if u like.

March 05, 2008 9:22 PM jasypants

oh my gosh. johnny! your faith is huge. you inspire us all. i haven't had anyone die in my life after i came back to Christ, but I know that it'll happen. And this just gave me so much courage. your dad is awesome. this also makes me want to pray for my family even more. keep this up johnny! :D


jasmine.

March 05, 2008 10:46 PM Alice in Wonderland

WOW!!! Tiffa and I were just talking about this and she said that if it happens, if your aunt really comes back to life, so many people's lives will be changed! Not just your family, but all those people at Taiwan as well! So we prayed together for God's hand to just move in your family and that the Lord will resurrect her, we proclaimed that nothing is impossible in our God.

John your faith really moved our hearts, and we'll continue to pray!

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews11:1)

March 05, 2008 10:59 PM Anonymous

go for it!
you are not too crazy
our God is crazy!
we are praying for your family too

something will happen


i will not stop till i see something happen!!!!!!!!!



Our God is good


Go John!

March 06, 2008 12:13 AM [joy B.] doveseye

dear Johnny,
i see Jesus' faith in you, and i pray for more Jesus' faith in all of us!


i believe we will all see God's glory throught this incident.
and i will be joining you in prayer for your aunt's resurrection.

give all the glory and praie to our God,because HE IS ALIVE!!!!

go Jesus~~~~~~~~

jOi

archives

blind eyes open you only live once.
open your eyes.
His love never fails. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
~Ephesians 2:10~

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo © blind eyes open.